This is the forth and final course for the Certificate in Bicultural Competency (Level 4). You should only enrol in this if you have completed the assessment tasks and passed the other three short courses for the certificate, including:
- Introduction to Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Te Reo Māori for the Workplace
- Tikanga Māori in the Organisation
The Bicultural Competency Final Reflections series of workshops uses facilitated conversations to support your reflections and prepare for your final assessment. These conversations are based on the tikanga principles of Wānaka and Ako. This includes the sharing of knowledge and experiences in a safe and supportive environment, enabling participants to make sense of their individual context, and to listen and reflect on those of others. The principle of Ako acknowledges that new knowledge and understanding can grow out of shared learning experiences.
- Explore and articulate elements of your own cultural identity and cultural practices.
- Identify similarities and differences between your own cultural construct and that of your Treaty Partner.
- Explain what being a Treaty Partner means in relation to your professional practice.
Event type: Workshop series
Access to the resources will be provided when you are enrolled.
Workshop dates and times:
It is highly recommended that participants attend all the sessions in the series.
These are delivered as face to face (f2f) in person lunchtime sessions from 12:00midday - 12:55pm.
There are additional optional online Teams sessions also available to support your learning.
- June series (4 week block): Thursday 1 June, 8 June, 15 June, Tuesday 22 June - this whole series is in person in F215
- November series (4 week block): Thursday 2 Nov, 9 Nov, 16 Nov, 23 Nov - this lunchtime series is in person in F215, with optional online Teams sessions delivered from 6-7pm on the same dates.
Apply for this short course through this website link. Click STUDENT, scroll down to 'Education and Culture', click 'Certificate in Bicultural Competency', and select 'Otago Polytechnic/Te Pukenga staff' and Confirm your selection.
If you want to check your progress or have already completed this course or previously achieved an Edubit, please email through to firstname.lastname@example.org and they can check your achievement records.
Published on 24 Jan 2023
Orderdate: 24 Jan 2023
Expiry: 31 Jan 2025