We have a group of 25 high school students from Japan Women’s University High School arriving in Dunedin on 30 July for a short course. These students need 11 nights of homestay accommodation while they’re here with us.
We urgently need some homestay hosts for these young women – can you or your whānau help?
Several of our staff and local community have already provided wonderful homestay environments for visiting students and have found it a rich and fulfilling experience.
As a host, you will be paid $693 for the duration of the homestay ($63 per night) and would need to:
- provide the student with their own room, bed, heating and a quiet place to study
- provide three balanced meals a day (students will purchase their own snacks)
- provide transport to and from Otago Polytechnic (students need to be dropped off by 8.55am and picked up at 5.00pm)
- be prepared to involve your student in family life and conversations.
To become a host, you will need to:
- Complete an online application (giving two referees) – click here to start application
- Agree to be police vetted
- Agree to have an Otago Polytechnic homestay staff member visit your house to check the suitability of the room
- Make sure a female adult will be in the house.
If this sounds like something you or your wider whānau would be interested in, we’d love to hear from you!
Published on 31 May 2023
Orderdate: 31 May 2023
Expiry: 31 May 2025