Our students were fortunate to hear stories and tips from successful graduates during an online Alumni Panel Discussion last week.
Our Employability and Industry Relations Team organised the session which featured alumni from a diverse range of industries.
Fabianna Cinelli, Joan Sanchez, Avinash Kumar and Warrick Wong shared stories about their time at OPAIC and what they’ve been up to since.
They also imparted the following advice to current students:
- Use LinkedIn. It’s a powerful tool for making connections, staying informed, and standing out.
- Become a member of associations related to the industry you are interested in, for example the Marketing Association or the Project Management Institute.
- Participate in extracurricular activities on campus and off such as workshops, seminars, and networking events.
- Plan your budget carefully during your studies.
- Research companies and industries and prepare yourself for an interview.
- Networking is very important. Be open to meeting new people.
- Volunteer to get experience, practise your English, meet people, and have fun during your time as an international student.
- Do your best at your part-time job or internship because colleagues and managers will recognise you for your efforts. They might give you a good reference or even hire you full-time.
Any students who missed last week’s event can find the video in the Employability Sessions AIC section of Microsoft Teams.
Published on 21 May 2020
Orderdate: 21 May 2020
Expiry: 21 May 2022