Barista - Cafe Assistants -
Permanent, full-time and part-time opportunities
Tēnā koutou katoa
We have two positions available:
1. A great opportunity for an experienced Barista / Cafe Assistant to provide cover over our weekday busy period (10am-2pm) in our new onsite Inaka café at O Block. The role is predominately using your barista skills and experience however we will require back up in food service, Eden cafe and functions areas as required. This role is permanent part-time, Monday – Friday, during our academic term time only, which means you can have the holidays off.
2. Our Functions Assistant is going on parental leave so we need you to work 25 hours per week, fixed term until December 2021. This role is in Eden Café in the Hub at Otago Polytechnic and provides support for our events so some evening work may be required.
To be successful in these roles you will:
· be passionate about the art of brewing perfect coffees
· have excellent customer service skills
· have high standards of hygiene and health and safety
· ensure our customers get the highest standard of service and product is paramount
· have great organisational skills.
Your reliability, efficiency and bright, friendly outlook should be backed by relevant experience. You will hold relevant food safety qualifications and a formal food and beverage qualification or relevant experience.
To apply please click on the link
For specific information contact Mark Lane, email firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone 0800 762 786
Applications close 5pm Sunday 16 May 2021https://op.qjumpersjobs.co/jobs/details/1043712
Permanent, part-time (0.7 FTE)
Tēnā koutou katoa
Nursing is complex and evolving, we are seeking applicants with passion and enthusiasm to work with learners across the three years of the Bachelor of Nursing Programme and the eighteen month New Zealand Diploma in Enrolled Nursing. We want you to share knowledge and guide our tauira (learners) as they gain the skills, competence and confidence to become work ready graduate nurses.
To be successful in this role, you will
· be a Registered Nurse with a current Practicing Certificate.
· have an ability to understand Otago Polytechnic’s partnership with Kai Tahu
· be able to integrate sustainable practices within your teaching
· have a Master’s degree qualification or be well on the journey to completing one
· hold a recognised relevant teaching qualification or the willingness to complete such a qualification.
· also have highly developed IT skills and a willingness to use innovative new approaches to learning.
For specific information please contact Karole Hogarth on 0800 762 786 or Karole.email@example.com
For a position description or to apply please click on the link.
Applications close 5pm, Friday 14 May 2021https://op.qjumpersjobs.co/jobs/details/1043495
Quantity Surveying Opportunites
Tēnā koutou katoa
If you are a new graduate or an experienced Quantity Surveyor we want to hear from you!!! Depending on your level of experience you will assist with and/or develop and teach on degree and diploma level courses to our tauira (learners).
You might want to be full-time, or prefer the flexibility of part-time work. Our organisation is open to either option. Above all, you will share your knowledge with those who want to make a career in Quantity Surveying by providing an outstanding learner experience including imparting your knowledge and skills.
If you are a commercial practitioner, your real-life professional examples and experiences will be of great benefit in preparing our tauira for the workforce. If you are a new graduate your theoretical knowledge will provide support to our learners in their journey
If you’d like to inspire our future professionals in this field then apply or have a kōrero discussion with us.
For specific information please contact Richard Nyhof 0800 762 786 or firstname.lastname@example.org://op.qjumpersjobs.co/jobs/details/1043489
Occupational Therapy Lecturer - full time and part-time opportunities
Permanent full-time and part-time roles
Tēnā koutou katoa
The College of Health, has exciting opportunities for Lecturers within our Bachelor of Occupational Therapy. This role will be based in Dunedin and part of a team to deliver occupational therapy theories and practice.
We seek experienced, passionate and motivated educators who create an outstanding learning experience for our tauira (learners). You will have a wide range of understanding and experiences of current models and frameworks in the area. You will have:
- a desire to help students learn.
- the ability to work with community agencies to develop links and networks for our learners.
- NZ registration as an Occupational Therapist with a current annual practicing certificate
- a tertiary teaching qualification or a willingness to undertake training in this area
- an interest in fieldwork, would be an advantage
- experience in research would be an advantage
The role has scope for extending the leadership capabilities of the successful applicant should this be the pathway they aspire to. Please state in your cover letter if you are interested in the full-time or part-time position.
For specific information contact Penelope Kinney, phone 0800 762 786. For a position description or to apply visit our website.
Applications close 5pm, Friday 14 May 2021https://op.qjumpersjobs.co/jobs/details/1043479
Full-time, fixed term until December 2022
Tēnā koutou katoa
We seek a clinical Wellbeing Advisor for an immediate start to join the Student Success Team. You will provide brief Mental Health assessments, interventions, crisis resolutions, and appropriate referrals internally and externally for tauira (learners) within the context of their tertiary studies. You will work with other members of the multi-disciplinary Health and Counselling Team, the Learner Services Team and academic staff to support our tauira with their physical, mental, and emotional needs, thus allowing them to manage their studies.
You will also provide and promote awareness and education of mental health and wellbeing to all tauira, and participate in the development and facilitation of educational programmes and workshops.
You will ideally have significant experience of supporting young adults with mental health difficulties, an understanding of the issues learners are currently facing in tertiary education, and how these affect student wellbeing and mental health. You will have excellent clinical assessment skills and be able to manage a busy caseload.
This is a demanding role; therefore, the ability to prioritise and manage workload and being adaptable and flexible is necessary.
You will have an appropriate Bachelor's qualification in a relevant discipline such as Counselling, Social work, Psychology, Nursing (Mental Health) equivalent.
For specific information contact Patricia Quensell, 0800 762 786 or email@example.com
For a position description or to apply please click on the link below.
Applications close 5pm Thursday 13 May 2021.https://op.qjumpersjobs.co/jobs/details/1043471